24 hours a day,
7 days a week
(856) 428-6324 ext 2500
Employment and Training
Office of the Chief
Public Information and Communications
The Somerdale Police Department serves the community by protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order. Our Department’s main goal is to contribute to the quality of life in Somerdale.
The Somerdale Police Department is comprised police officers that cover the residential and commercial areas around our Borough.
The main goal of the Somerdale Police Department is to create and maintain a safe, secure environment for all Somerdale citizens. We strive to accomplish this goal through proactive community programs designed to prevent crime as well as efficient, thorough investigations of crimes committed.
Somerdale Crime Map
Click above link for incidents happening in your neighborhood.
You can also copy the link above and save to your desktop or mobile device.
NJ SELF-REPORTING CRASH FORM:
The self-reporting crash form enables NJ citizens to fill out a form online and receive acknowledgment back within minutes. The online receipts are equivalent to the paper versions stamped by the NJDOT and can be submitted to an insurance company. The New Jersey Self-Reporting Crash form (SR-1) is used to report a crash that was not investigated by the police and it is the only form that can be used for this purpose.
Click here to view the forms
Police Department Forms and Documents
EARLY WARNING SYSTEM
RESIDENT COMPLAINT FORM (Internal Affairs Form)
Somerdale Police Department Internal Affairs Procedures
The members of the Somerdale Police Department are committed to providing law enforcement services that are fair, effective, and impartially applied. It is in the best interest of all that a complaint about the performance of an individual employee or the agency, in general, be resolved fairly and promptly. The Somerdale Police Department has formal procedures in accordance with NJ State law for investigating these complaints. These procedures ensure fairness while also protecting the rights of both residents and employees.
Any person filing a complaint of misconduct concerning a Somerdale police officer is assured of the following:
- Your complaint will be sent to either a superior or specially trained internal affairs officer who will conduct a thorough and objective investigation.
- You will be asked to help in the investigation by giving a detailed statement about what happened or by providing other important information.
- All complaints against employees or the agency, in general, are thoroughly investigated. You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
- If our investigation shows that a crime might have been committed, the county prosecutor will be notified. You might be asked to testify in court.
- If our investigation results in an employee being charged with a violation of department rules, you might be asked to testify in a division hearing.
- If our investigation shows that the complaint is unfounded or that the employee acted properly, the matter will be closed.
- All disciplinary hearings shall be closed to the public unless the defendant officer requests an open hearing.
If you have a complaint concerning a Somerdale police officer or employee please fill out the Somerdale Police Department IA Form (provide as much information as possible) and mail or email the form to the addresses listed below. The Internal Affairs Report Form is available in other languages by clicking here. If you prefer to remain anonymous when filing your complaint, you may fill out as little or as much as you wish on the complaint form personal information section. You may also contact the Somerdale Police Department’s Administrative Offices at (856) 428-6324 extension 2500.
Somerdale Police Department
105 Kennedy Blvd.
Somerdale, NJ 08083
Attention: Internal Affairs Unit
Via Email – firstname.lastname@example.org